Saturday, August 2, 2014

Second day in the UK

Friday August 1st:

Woke up at 11:30 when Charlie asked if I was awake. Ooops, idk how I slept so much. We made chicken sandwiches, got ready, and went to Lakeside which is a gigantic mall. We got stuck in traffic on the drive there but that was fine. The lack of air conditioning was rather sad (in the car) but windows are nice. I did realize that their signs and cars and everything is MILES per hour, not kilometers. who knew? It's different in actual Europe apparently. There are TONS of roundabouts and stoplights for the roundabouts. The stoplights are rather easy to miss if you aren't used to them. I sat in the passenger seat and it was so odd because I felt like I should be driving. At the mall we went into H & M, Primark (3 stories! found lots of great deals here), Forever 21 (also 3 stories), 5 guys (one of the few places with unlimited soda refills), some milkshake place which was mediocre, Cinnabon (Charlie had never tried one!), McDonalds (just checking it out), Boots (bought some toothpaste, ha. knew I forgot something). Chinese takeout was for dinner and was pretty good, though Rice Fun and Joel's and Gourmet Kingdom are still better. American TV and called it a night. I was able to watch League of Legends games (woo! superweek!) and I'm going to beat Carl in fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment